Realising the immense career potential in the healthcare industry, MAHSA University was established on 1 June 2004 with the noble objective of providing courses in the field of medical, dental, pharmacy, nursing and allied health sciences to train students in attaining adequate knowledge and skills to be competent medical and allied health science professionals in the healthcare industry.
MAHSA main campus is strategically located at Pusat Bandar Damansara, Damansara Heights (in Kuala Lumpur) with a total built-up area of 250,000 sq ft. The University is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and ultra modern clinical and science laboratories. The MAHSA campus is surrounded by the vibrant and well-planned townships of Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya where shopping malls, restaurants, hawker centres, shops, clinics and banks are within reach. MAHSA second campus is located at Jalan Universiti, next to the University Malaya. It comprises of four blocks of 10 storey building. It houses mainly the Faculty of Medicine, allied Health Sciences and provides accommodation for more than 2000 students.
For its permanent purpose built campus, MAHSA has bought a 50 acres site at Saujana Putra, Selangor near to Kuala Lumpur. All Faculties, except the Faculty of Medicine, will be located there. Construction of the new campus is expected to start in late 2010 or early 2011. The 1st phase of four Faculties and accommodation for 3000 students is expected to be completed in about 1 year. Once fully completed, the campus will have about 15,000 students, a full hospital and a hostel.
Our Vision, Mission & StrengthOur vision
- To be the centre of excellence in the Medical, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences in the region.
MAHSA's mission is to provide a complete, integrated solution to meet the needs of the government as well as private and international students.Our Mission
- To be committed to the delivery of education of the highest quality with emphasis on hands-on training
- To produce competent and highly skilled health care professionals through qualified, dedicated and experienced teachers
- To provide state-of-the-art facilities to the desired standards in education
- To be internationally recognized as one of the best Medical, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences Colleges
- Applied teaching
- Online learning
- Employment focused
- Local and regional partnerships
- Quality driven
- Modern and confident
- MAHSA is recognized as one of the best medical and allied health science university college because it offers high quality courses to meet the surging demand of the healthcare industry.
- Students will undergo both theoretical learning and clinical practice to be competent, skilled and able to carry out their jobs immediately.
- MAHSA is driven to excellence by a team of highly-qualified and dedicated professional managers, academicians and lecturers; so that students are assured of receiving world-class healthcare education.
- Collaboration with leading universities in the United Kingdom and others.
- Conducive environment for effective education.
The courses offered by MAHSA ranges from Bachelor's degree to certificate levels:
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- B.Sc (Hons) in Nursing Studies (4 0) (University of Teesside, Middlesbrough, UK)
- B.Sc (Hons) in Nursing Practice Development (Top-UP Degree, University of Northumbria, UK)
- B.Sc (Hons) in Physiotherapy (University of Northumbria, UK)
- B.Sc (Hons) in Biomedical Sciences (4 0) Northumbria University, UK.
- M Pharm (2 2) Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- B.Sc (Hons) in Environmental Health and Safety
- B.Sc (Hons) in Medical Imaging
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Medical Imaging (Radiography)
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Environmental Health
- Diploma in Dental Technology
- Certificate in Foundation In Science
- Certificate for Dental Surgery Assistant
- M.Sc Nursing, Northumbria University, UK
- M.Sc Advanced Healthcare (International) Liverpool John Moores University, UK
Academic Facilities & Resources
Student Support Services
- 50 Lecture Halls and classrooms specially designed and equipped with audio-visual aids to offer an environment conducive to learning and teaching for both students and lecturers
- 23 Tutorial Rooms in various sizes to cater for lectures and tutorials in large or small groups
- A library in each campus that houses a rich collection of reference books, journals and periodicals with a comfortable and quiet environment for study and research
- Computer Labs that caters for students population of over 8000 with free internet access and software for students to conduct on-line research and complete their assignments
- An auditorium that is well-furnished with audio-visual equipment and has the capacity to accommodate up to 300 people for multiple events
- A state-of-the-art auditorium at Jalan University Campus that can contain 400 persons.
- Affordable accommodation for foreign and outstation students in an area nearby. Transportation is provided to and from forth the campus as required.
- Mini Pharmacy for pharmacy students to acquire communication and dispensing skills
- Multi-Disciplinary Laboratories
- Electrotherapy Room specially-designed with physiotherapeutic equipment and devices
- Skill Laboratories & Resource Centres to allow in-depth theoretical learning of the human anatomy and enhance students' clinical skills in their chosen fields
- Simulation Wards where students learn about patient care hands-on
- Ray Room that provides a real life environment for students of medical imaging
- Examination Halls
- Students' Lounge
- Male Prayer Room
- Female Prayer Room
- Student Representative Council
- Student Affairs Department
- Clinical Placements
- Adequate Accommodation Facilities
International Recognition, Achievement & Partnership
- Approved by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE)
- Approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- Approved by the Nursing Board of Malaysia
- Approved by the National Higher Education Funds Board (PTPTN)
- Partnerships with University of Northumbria, University of Teesside, University of West England, Bristol and Liverpool John Moores University, from the United Kingdom.
- Winner of the NAPEI Award for Educational Excellence for the category IPTS: Medium 2006
- Obtained the MS ISO 9001:2002 (Quality Management System)