Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons)
Finance is concerned with the study of financial instruments, institutions, markets and systems. It involves the study of financial decision making under uncertainty, which has applications in many fields including banking, financial consulting and planning, funds management, merchant banking, stockbroking and treasury.
This programme provides rigorous training in the theory and applications of finance. The programme involves a core in mainstream finance supplemented with studies in related quantitative techniques and methodologies, economics and management.
Upon completion of this programme, graduates will understand:
- how corporations make financial decisions
- how individual investors select and manage their investment opportunities and portfolios
- the intricacies of derivative securities
- the management of the financial services industry
Faculty of Business, Economics & Accounting
Any one of the following:
- HELP Foundation in Arts / Foundation in Science: Minimum CGPA score of 2.5 out of 4.0**
- HELP Diploma in Business: Minimum CGPA score of 2.5 out of 4.0**
- STPM: 2 C+**
- A-Level: 2 passes
- Senior Middle 3 (UEC): 5 Bs’***
- CPU: 5 passes with a minimum average of 50%
- Australian Matriculation Programmes: University Aggregate of 50% or ATAR score of at least 50 for various programmes
- Equivalent qualification
**The stated qualifications must be supported with a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level. This requirement can be waived should the qualification contains Mathematics and/or English subject(s) with equivalent/higher achievement.
***Please refer to the Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting on the Mathematics and English requirement.
IELTS 6.0 (international students) or equivalent international English Language qualification
January, March*, May, August, October*
*This intake is only applicable for those entering the programme without being granted any exemptions