Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies) (Hons)
If you have an innate desire to pursue a career in film, television, print and/or digital communication, then this specialisation is the right option for you. The media studies programme takes an integrated approach and a broader look at media in all its forms, so that our graduates are prepared for both traditional and non-traditional media careers.
Our curriculum allows students to creatively express themselves via journalistic writing and editing for various media platforms, communicating ideas through short films, documentaries, photography and design, as well as media management and marketing.
Faculty of Arts and Communication
Applicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
- HELP Foundation in Arts / Foundation in Science
- STPM: At least 2 C’s
- A-Level: At least 2 passes
- Senior Middle 3 (UEC): At Least 5 B’s (including English)
- CPU: 5 passes with a minimum average of 50%
- SAM/TEE Examination: At least 5 passes with a university aggregate of 50%
- International Baccalaureate: At least 24 points
- Matriculation/Foundation: At least CGPA of 2.00
- Diploma: At least CPA 2.00
- SPM/O-Level: At least 3 credits (including a pass in SPM English, Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah)
- Equivalent qualification
International Student Only
International students who do not have the minimum English language entry requirement can be accepted into the programme. However, they are first to enroll in the university Intensive English Programme (IEP) and sit for the IELTS or other similar tests. Upon passing the test with 5.0 score or equivalent, students can formally enroll in the faculty programme.
January 9, June 1, August 21