Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Hons)
Graduate Edu-Carer’s Professional Preparation
In scope, the graduate EDU-CARER to-be begins a broad base journey that covers the development of the young child from birth to junior primary in a wide range of settings.
- Home, family and Community
- Care and Education Centres
- Formal and In-Formal Learning
- Special and Individual Needs
The contents of study fulfil the minimum 120 credit hours required from 36 subjects, listed in Table 2 which are integrated, spiralling around the child as the subject of study with the primary aim of facilitating the balanced overall development of children during the early formative years.
- 26 Major ECE Courses
- 2 ECE Free Electives
- 1 Compulsory ECE Elective
- 2 Workplace Practicums in Nursery and Kindergarten
- 5 MPU Courses
The Honours award is determined by five criteria, which are adhered to at the commencement of the programme.
- Credit Pass in 36 Subjects
- Second Year Performance in 7 Subjects
- Third Year Performance in 5 Subjects
- Performance in Two Practicums
- Performance in Third Year Independent Inquiry
Faculty of Education and Languages
Applicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
- HELP Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Business, Information Technology, Foundation in Arts or Science and other equivalent
- STPM: Level passes in 2 subjects
- A-Level: with CGPA of 2.00
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC): minimum B grade in 5 subjects
- CPU (Canadian Pre-University): At least 5 passes with a minimum average of 50%
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM)/ Tertiary Entrance Education (TEE): A university aggregate of 50%
- Equivalent Diploma, Foundation or Matriculation qualification
- International Baccalaureate: Minimum of 24 scores
- Victorian Certificate of Education: At least average of 50%
- Other equivalent qualification approved/accredited by Malaysian Qualification Agency.
January 8, May 28, August 19