Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Hons)
Faculty of Education and Languages (Department of Education)
One of the following:
• HELP Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Business, Information Technology, Foundation in Arts or Science and other equivalents
• STPM/A Level passes in 2 subjects or with CGPA of 2.00
• Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with a minimum C grade in 5 subjects
• 5 CPU (Canadian Pre University) passes with a minimum of 50%
• SAM (South Australian Matriculation)/TEE (Tertiary Entrance Education) with a university aggregate of 50%
• Equivalent Diploma, Foundation or Matriculation Qualification
• Minimum of 24 scores in the International Baccalaureate
• Victorian Certificate of Education with a minimum average of 50%
• Other equivalent qualification approved/accredited by Malaysian Qualification Agency.
And any of the following:
• SPM or SPMV with a minimum of 3 Credits including English
• GCE O-Level with 3 Credits including English
• Other equivalent qualifications approved by the Malaysian Qualification Agency
January, March 17 & 18, 24 & 25, August, December
For more information on our Open Days, please contact us at 03-2716 2000 or visit us at www.help.edu.my
In scope, the graduate EDU-CARER to-be begins a broad base journey that covers the development of the young child from birth to junior primary in a wide range of settings.
• Home, family and Community
• Care and Education Centres
• Formal and In-Formal Learning
• Special and Individual Needs
The Honours award is determined by five criteria, which are adhered to at the commencement of the programme.
• Credit Pass in 36 Subjects
• Second Year Performance in 7 Subjects
• Third Year Performance in 5 Subjects
• Performance in Two Practicums
• Performance in Third Year Independent Inquiry
The integration of good practice with educational principles dictate how courses are taught and students’ development of their teaching-learning strengths.
• All lessons are experiential in scope with classroom and
centre based application.
• Most assignments included empirical components and connect with the ECCE educators and carers.
• Theoretical discussion and exploration are based on review and reflection of research studies with a local consideration.
• The emphasis is on the development of the reflective reflexive teaching behaviour.
• Every course is facilitated by the e-learning portal through which lecture handouts, assignment instructions and notes, readings and references, etc. are given.