Bachelor of Economics (Hons)
The Bachelor of Economics (Hons) is an excellent starting point for a career in the accounting, finance and banking professions. Organised in terms of modules that emphasise both theory and relevant applications, the programme offers a systematic exposure to tools with which to analyse financial markets, banking operations, corporate financial decision making and accounting reports.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have an understanding of fundamental issues, debates and problems related to the operations of financial systems at both the micro and macro levels, in the context of national and global economies. They will be ready for a career in various accounting, finance and banking professions.
Faculty of Business, Economics & Accounting
Applicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
- HELP Foundation in Arts / Foundation in Science: Minimum CGPA score of 2.0 out of 4.0
- HELP Diploma in Business: Minimum CGPA score of 2.0 out of 4.0
- STPM: 2 C’s**
- A-Level: 2 passes
- Senior Middle 3 (UEC): 5 B’s***
- CPU: 5 passes with a minimum average of 50%
- Australian Matriculation Programmes: University Aggregate of 50% or ATAR score of at least 50 for various programmes
- Equivalent qualification
** The stated qualifications need to be supported with a pass in Mathematics, English, Sejarah and Bahasa Melayu at SPM level.
*** Please refer to the Faculty of Business,
Economics and Accounting on the Mathematics and English requirement.
January, May, August