Diploma in Early Childhood Education
Faculty of Education and Languages (Department of Education)
One of the following:
• SPM or SPMV or MCE with a minimum of three credits
• Other equivalent qualification as approved by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
Candidates without SPM or MCE have the following options with MQA Approval:
• SPM or MCE 2 Credits and 3 Years Teaching Experience
• SPM or MCE 1 Credit and 5 Years Teaching Experience
• Refer to MQA Current Status
Candidates without SPM or MCE have one pathway, approved by MQA
• Qualifying test on BM, English and Mathematics; i.e. the APEL Route created by MQA.
• Refer to MQA Current Status Mature senior candidates with acceptable ECCE qualification, who fulfil the minimum requirements, are eligible to apply for advanced standing.
January, March 17 & 18, 24 & 25, August, December
For more information on our Open Days, please contact us at 03-2716 2000 or visit us at www.help.edu.my
To become qualified and certified, the Educator-Carer is required to have the Diploma in Early Childhood Education for personal and professional identity, and children, families and community.
The DECE programme is appropriate with five qualities.
• An opportunity to learn and upgrade English proficiency to the level required for the degree or BECE (Hons) programme
• A balanced preparation for work in any early childhood settings as a result of the 8 week workplace practicum and empirical based course and fieldwork.
• Exceptionally strong in the social and psychological understanding of the child
• Caters to the needs of and facilitates the successful development of each Educator-Carer.
• Promotes the creativity and talents of Educator-Carers across ECCE settings and scenario, such as in arts, music, drama and constructions.