Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accounting and Finance 3+0 in Collaboration with Leeds Beckett University, UK
Offered via Affiliated Institute Pertama Institute of Technology: School of Business Accounting and Hospitality.
Assistant Accountant, Accountant, Accounting Manager, Accounting and Finance Manager, Sales Manager, Manager, Audit Assistant, Finance Controller, Cost & Works Accountant
- STPM / A-Level or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33) in any two subjects, and credit in Mathematics and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent; OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics and a pass in English; OR
- Matriculation/ Foundation or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and credit in Mathematics and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent; OR
- Diploma in Accounting or its equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.50 and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent.
- STAM: Pass Level Jayyid with a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English in SPM or its equivalent; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by Malaysian Government.
Students must pass:
- IELTS with a minimum band of 6.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 550; OR
- Cambridge English/ Edexcel ‘A’ Level minimum Grade C; OR
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) (56-60 overall with a minimum of 51 and above in each component)
The Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Finance prepares graduates to be the backbone of any organization's finance department. Students at ITP learn to organize financial operations with the highest degree of accuracy while gaining vital skills in communication, problem-solving and analysis. In addition to that, this programme strikes a fine balance between theoretical study practical work, giving students the confidence needed to embark on a career as a professional in this field.
An accounting background is not a necessary a prerequisite for the programme as first-year students will be taught the fundamentals of accounting and related subjects, subsequently followed by modules with elements of independent research and self-learning, refining their attention to details for financial planning along the way.