The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering equips students with the skills and knowledge for a career in the mechanical engineering profession.
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
Mechanical Engineer, Quality Engineer, Design Engineer, R&D Engineer, Production Engineer, Industrial Engineer or Academician
- STPM / A-Level / Equivalent: Pass with minimum Grade C in Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject and pass in English in SPM/equivalent; or
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject, and pass in English; or
- Matriculation / Foundation / Equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.00 and credit in Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject, and pass in English in SPM/Equivalent; or
- Diploma in Engineering/Engineering Technology / Equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Diploma in Vocational / Technical / Skills / equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.00; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government
International students must pass:
- IELTS minimum Band 5.0; or
- TOEFL minimum score of 500; or
- Cambridge / Edexcel GCE A- Level; or
- MUET with a minimum Band 3
The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering equips students with the skills and knowledge for a career in the mechanical engineering profession. Students will develop managerial, organisational and employability skills alongside subject-specific knowledge and understanding. Studies will focus on particular areas such as mechanical design, system engineering, analysis of materials and structures and the theory and application of finite element analysis.