Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
Careers that involve programming, hardware architecture and construction, network design and engineering, software engineering, software tools and packages and others require the expertise in this field.
- STPM / A-Level / Equivalent: Pass with minimum Grade C in any 2 subjects and credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM/equivalent; or
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Additional Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject, and pass in English; or
- Matriculation / Foundation / Equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.00 and credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM/Equivalent; or
- Diploma in Science and Technology / Equivalent:Pass with minimum CGPA 2.50 with credit/ Grade-C in Additional Mathematics in SPM / equivalent; or
- Diploma in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Information Technology / Information Systems / Equivalent: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.50 and credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/equivalent level; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government
Note: The condition of credit for Additional Mathematics in SPM may be exempted for candidates if the said qualification contains Mathematics and the result is equivalent to or higher than the credit requirement of Additional Mathematics in SPM/equivalent
Students must pass:
- IELTS minimum Band 5; or
- TOEFL minimum score of 500; or
- Cambridge / Edexcel GCE A- Level; or
- MUET minimum Band 3
This programme is designed for individuals seeking to pursue a career as a software engineer. It provides students with the theoretical knowledge and principles of software engineering and its applications, advanced practical skills and experience to meet the ever-changing needs of the software engineering industry.
Students will employ the latest technologies inclusive of programming languages, operating systems, databases, and networking concepts, and will be well versed in the theoretical understanding of all stages in software engineering processes, which includes analysing, designing, coding, modifying, testing and implementing.