Certificate in Building Construction
Offered via Affiliated Institute – Pertama Institute of Technology: School of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Quantity Surveying
This program is internally devised to prepare students for either the professional working environment or as a foundation for further studies. Combining knowledge of the construction world and technical skills, this foundation forms a strong base for specialized tertiary degrees.
- SPM / SPMV: Pass SPM with a minimum credit in any subject and a pass in Mathematics; OR
- UEC: Pass UEC with a minimum Grade B in any subject and a pass in Mathematics; OR
- O-Level or its equivalent: Pass O-Level with a minimum Grade C in any subject and a pass in Mathematics; OR
- SKM in related field: Pass SKM in related field and a pass at SPM including a pass in Mathematics or a pass at SPM and a pass in Enhanced Mathematics (for those candidates failed in Mathematics at SPM); OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by Malaysian Government.
International tudents must pass:
- IELTS with a minimum band of 5.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500; OR
- Pass in Cambridge English/ Edexcel ‘A’ Level; OR
- Pass in English (O-Level or equivalent to SPM 1119)
The course combines both theory and practice aspects of the related fields within the construction industry. Students will gradually be exposed to the basic trades and the various engineering aspects of construction in order to establish a strong foundation both in their career and educational advancement.