Certificate in Computer Science
Offered via Affiliated Institute – Pertama Institute of Technology: School of Electrical Electronic, Mechanical Engineering and Information Technology (SEEMIT)
Graduates in Certifcate in Information Technology may proceed into professions such as Computer Operators, Sales Representatives, Service Technicians, System Analysts, IT Support Executive, Web Developers, Research Assistants, at Junior level.
- SPM / SPMV / O-Level: Pass with minimum 1 credit/Grade-C in any subject and pass in Mathematics; or
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 1 subject and pass in Mathematics; or
- SKM: Pass Level 2 in a related field and pass in SPM with a pass in Mathematics; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government
International students must pass:
- IELTS minimum Band 5; or
- TOEFL minimum score of 550;
- Cambridge / Edexcel GCE A-Level
The aim of this programme is to provide students with the basic knowledge of principles in computer systems and information technology, while incorporating practical skills to troubleshoot hardware and networking issues, and develop simple web pages that will support the industry’s needs.
The programme is designed for individuals wishing to pursue a career as a technician/system support assistant in the Information Technology Industry, one who can assist the system development team and application users and troubleshoot issues by employing the basic fundamentals of information systems effectively for managing business organisations.