Diploma in Accountancy
Offered via Affiliated Institute – Jati Institute: School of Accounting and Finance.
The Diploma in Accountancy programme is designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of the business world. This will ensure at the completion of the certificate programme, that students are able to proceed further into the Diploma or Bachelor in Business Management.
- SPM / SPMV:Pass with minimum 3 credits including Mathematics, and a pass in English; or
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics, and a pass in English; or
- O-Level / equivalent: Pass with minimum Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics, and a pass in English; or
- STAM: Pass with minimum Grade Maqbul with credit in Mathematics and pass in English in SPM; or
- STPM: Pass with minimum Grade C in any subject with credit in Mathematics and pass in English in SPM; or
- Community College Certificate: Pass with Level 3 MQF in related fields with 1 credit in SPM including Mathematics and pass in English; or
- Pass at Certificate Level (Level 3 MQF) in related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 and pass SPM/equivalent with a credit in Mathematics and pass in English; or
- Other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government
International students must pass:
- IELTS Band 5.5; or
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 550; or
- Cambridge/Edexcel GCE A-Levels - Pass
- MUET minimum Band 4
This Diploma in Accountancy holistically prepares students towards the mastery of the skills in Accounting, Finance and Taxation, with focus also on Business and the principles of micro and macroeconomics. These areas of study are substantial for the approach of this profession, both practically and theoretically.
Students who pursue this diploma may further academically towards a Bachelor or Master Degree or step right into a career in the Accounting sector.