Diploma in Business Studies
Faculty of Business and Accounting
Suitable fields include strategic planning, marketing, finance, human resources, operations and supply chain management, information systems, research, consultancy and academia.
- SPM / SPMV: Pass with minimum 3 credits in any subject and pass in Bahasa Malaysia; or
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects and Pass Bahasa Malaysia; or
- O-Level / equivalent: Pass with minimum Grade C in 3 subjects; or
- SKM: Pass with Level 3 in a related field, and pass in SPM with minimum 1 credit in any subject; or
- Community College Certificate: Pass with Level 3, MQF in a relevant field and pass in SPM with minimum 1 credit in any subject; or
- STPM: Pass with minimum Grade C (GP2.00) in any 1 subject; or
- STAM: Pass with minimum Grade Maqbul; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by Malaysian Government.
International students must pass:
- IELTS Band 5.0; or
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500; or
- Pass English in Cambridge/Edexcel GCE A-Levels
- MUET minimum Band 3
The Diploma in Business Studies program is structured to expose students to the basic areas of business management. It prepares the necessary foundation for students who want to embark on an entry-level career in the business world or pursue higher level studies in the subject.
The Diploma in Business Studies curriculum covers the broad syllabus typical of a rigorous diploma-level program in this field. A broad knowledge of business skills and practices are gained, from theoretical studies to practical applications, accompanied by a highly participatory approach to develop an intuitive understanding of business concepts.