Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
Graduates from this programme may venture to be electrical and electronic engineering technicians in various industries such as manufacturing, sales, construction, inspection and maintenance.
- SPM / SPMV / O-Level: Pass with minimum 3 credits / Grade C including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science/ Technical/ Vocational subject and pass in English; or
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science/ Technical/ Vocational subject and pass in English; or
- SKM Level 3: Pass in a related field and pass in SPM with credit in Mathematics; or
- Certificates: Pass in recognised programmes from Polytechnics or from ITP or its equivalent; or
- Community College Certificate: Pass Level 3 MQF in a relevant field and pass SPM with credit in Mathematics*; or
- STPM / A-Level: Pass with minimum Grade C in any subject and credit in Mathematics in SPM;
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government.
*(Candidates without credit in Mathematics in SPM/equivalent may be considered for admission into this programme if the certificate programme contains subjects that are equivalent to SPM Mathematics)
International students must pass:
- IELTS minimum Band 5.0; or
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500; or
- Cambridge/Edexcel GCE A-Level; or
- MUET minimum Band 3
This course will provide students with a comprehensive knowledge of electrical and electronics’ theories and practices. It is designed to provide a broad understanding of the industry and takes a practical approach to education whereby students are actively encouraged to participate in industrial experiences during the course.