Diploma in Fashion Design
Linton’s Academy of Applied and Visual Arts
The Diploma in Fashion Design programme is hands-on, and students are expected to make their own collection of apparels. This includes all designs worn to create a personal statement of the individual. It incorporates all production activities such as the manipulation and experimentation of textiles and trims to generate ideas that will then be translated into three-dimensional form through pattern drafting and/or draping and sewing.
- SPM / SPMV / O-Level / Equivalent:Pass with minimum 3 credits / Grade C in any subject and pass in Art Education; or
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects; or
- Pass certificate in related field with a minimum CGPA 2.0; or
- SKM: Pass in Level 3 in Art and Design and pass SPM / equivalent with a minimum of 1 credit in any subject; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government.
Pass in an internal interview or/and drawing test
(for students who have not taken Visual Arts Education)
International students must pass:
- IELTS Band 4; or
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 397; or
- Cambridge/Edexcel GCE A-Levels; or
- MUET minimum band 2
The Diploma in Fashion Design emphasises on innovation and creativity in Fashion Design, while providing students with the technical aspects of the necessary skills for a successful career in the fashion industry. The three-year programme ensures that students have a firm foundation in research, design methodology and practical skills in drawing, communications and fashion designing. Students are introduced to the skills of construction in sewing, flat pattern drafting and illustration.