Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
Graduates are qualified to be mechanical engineering technicians in various industries such as manufacturing, sales, construction, inspection and maintenance.
- SPM / SPMV: Pass with a minimum of 3 credits including Mathematics and 1 relevant science / technical/vocational subject and a pass in English; OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant science / technical/vocational subject and a pass in English; OR
- O-Level or its equivalent: Pass with minimum Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant science / technical/vocational subject and a pass in English; OR
- Certificate in Vocational and Technical / Skill or its equivalent with Level 3, MQF: Pass with a minimum CGPA 2.00 and 1-year experience in a relevant field or 1 semester of an Enhanced programme; OR
- Certificate in Engineering / Engineering Technology (Level 3, MQF): Pass with a minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Students must pass:
- IELTS with a minimum band of 5.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500; OR
- Pass in English (O-Level or equivalent to SPM 1119)
Visit Linton University College's official website or follow Linton University College's official Facebook page for announcements.
This programme examines the basic areas of mechanical engineering, design, materials and manufacturing technology, and aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge required for a career as a mechanical engineering technician. Specific areas studied include engineering principles, mathematics, computing, the relationship between engineering and the environment, mechanical sciences and the mechanics of materials. In addition, students will actively be encouraged to participate in work experience during the course and this usually involves work-based projects, ideally exposing the student to problem solving skills in an industrial situation.
Students will be able to pursue a career in a wide range of manufacturing, processing and service industries and the degree offers good employment prospects in the global market.