Foundation in Information Technology
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
This programme gives students a strong foundation in the field of computer science and information technology, providing pathways to continue their studies in these two fields.
- SPM / SPMV / O-Level: Pass with minimum 5 credits/ Grade C including Mathematics and pass in Bahasa Melayu; or
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics and pass in Bahasa Melayu; or
- Other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government
International students must pass:
- IELTS minimum Band 5; or
- TOEFL minimum score of 550;
- Cambridge / Edexcel GCE A-Level
- MUET minimum Band 2
Students are exposed to various subjects in hardware, software, PC maintenance and operating systems basics.
Students who complete their course may join the industry at entry level. Upon completing a higher level, they may then work as system support executives/analytical programmers who work under the guidance of system administrator/software engineers.