Yayasan Sime Darby Pre-University Scholarship Programme (China)
About Yayasan Sime Darby Pre-University Scholarship Programme (China)
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified SPM 2018 leavers to apply for education sponsorship to pursue foundation studies in China.
We are looking for well-rounded Malaysian candidates who have attained excellent academic achievement, demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities and potential, as well as those who devoted time to make an impact to the community through their extra-curricular activities.
Eligibility and Minimum Requirement
Applicants for this programme must fulfill the following requirements:
- Age 18 years old or below;
- Obtained at least 7 As (A+ and A only) for SPM 2018;
- Obtained A+ for both Additional Mathematics and Mathematics subjects for SPM 2018;
- Candidates with Mandarin proficiency are preferable;
- Total monthly gross household income of RM10,000 and below;
- Keen to pursue foundation and undergraduate studies at selected universities approved by YSD in China;
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities, sporting events and community service;
- Strong leadership qualities through various leadership positions held in school and societies.
Accepted Fields of Study
Scholarships will be offered to candidates who are inclined to pursue the following fields of study, subject to the university’s admissions offer:
Business related courses:
- Chinese Language (with Foundation studies in Economics)
- Chinese Language (with Foundation studies in Business Studies)
- Chinese Language (with Foundation studies in Finance)
- Chinese Language (with Foundation studies in Mechanical Engineering)
- Chinese Language (with Foundation studies in Electrical Engineering)
Note: Scholarships for courses other than those mentioned above are not available.
Accepted Universities in China
Below is the list of universities in China, accepted by YSD, for the scholarship programme:
Foundation studies (2 years):
- Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU)
- Peking University
- Tsinghua University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Fudan University
- Nanjing University
- Zhejiang University
Value of Scholarship
The full scholarship includes tuition fees, board and lodging, a computer allowance, shipping allowance, and flight tickets for the beginning and end of studies.
Recipients of the scholarship will have the opportunity to undergo a Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through internships at Sime Darby Companies i.e. Sime Darby Plantation Berhad, Sime Darby Property Berhad and Sime Darby Berhad.
Note: A students' admission to the assigned preparatory college will be arranged by YSD.
Service Bond Period
On completion of foundation and undergraduate studies in China, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Companies for 5 to 6 years, depending on the value of the scholarships.
Applications open on 1 March 2019 and close on 31 March 2019.