Yayasan Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship Programme (Local)
About Yayasan Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship Programme (Local)
Yayasan Sime Darby invites qualified students who will commence their undergraduate programme in September 2019 after completing their STPM or Foundation/Matriculation studies as well as those who are in their first year of undergraduate studies to apply for education sponsorships to pursue undergraduate studies at recognised Malaysian academic institutions approved by YSD.
We are looking for well-rounded Malaysian candidates who have attained excellent academic achievement, demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities and potential and devoted time to make an impact to communities through their extra-curricular activities.
Eligibility and Minimum Requirement
Applicants for this programme must fulfill the following requirements:
- Age 25 years or below;
- STPM/Pre-University/Foundation/Local Matriculation/Diploma (minimum CGPA of at least 3.30); or 3A’s for A-Level programme;
- Total monthly gross household income of RM10,000 and below;
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities, sporting events and community service;
- Strong leadership qualities through various leadership positions held in school and societies.
Important note: Interested candidates who are in their first year (semester 1 & semester 2) at top local universities are encouraged to apply.
Accepted Fields of Study
Scholarships will be offered to candidates who are inclined to pursue the following fields of study, subject to university’s admission offer:
Business related courses:
- Business Studies
- Digital Marketing
- Sales and Marketing
- Human Resources
- International Business Trading
Engineering and Sciences related courses:
- Mechanical/ Civil/ Electrical /Electronic/ Mechatronic/ Automotive Engineering
- Actuarial Science
- Mathematics/Statistical/Data Science
- Agriculture Science
- Environmental Science
- Plantation Technology
- Computer Science
- Environmental, Health & Safety
- Landscape Architecture
- Quantity Surveying
- Landscape Architecture
- Plantation Management
- Town Planning
- Information Technology (Drone & Big Data)
Note: Scholarships for courses other than those mentioned above are not available.
Accepted Local Universities
Below is a list of local universities, endorsed by YSD, for the scholarship programme:
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP)
- Taylor’s University Malaysia
- Universiti Teknologi Nasional (UNITEN)
- Monash University Malaysia
- Multimedia University (MMU)
Value Of Scholarship
The full scholarship covers tuition fees, a living allowance, books allowance and computer allowance.
Recipients of scholarships will have the opportunity to undergo a Scholars Development Programme and experience work exposure through internships at Sime Darby Companies i.e. Sime Darby Plantation Berhad, Sime Darby Property Berhad and Sime Darby Berhad.
Note: The scholarship will only cover expenses incurred after the award to recipients (i.e. upon execution of the scholarship agreement).
Service Bond Period
On completion of studies, scholars will be required to serve Sime Darby Companies for 2 to 6 years, depending on the value of the scholarships.
Applications open on 1 March 2019 and close on 31 March 2019.