Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) in Information Security
Faculty of Computing and Information Technology
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(2) A Level - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(3) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
(4) TAR UC - Foundation in Computing (Track B) OR Relevant Diploma(with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^
(5) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation accredited by MQA / relevant diploma (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ accredited by MQA
(1), (2), (3) and (5) must include SPM Credit in Mathematics/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics/ UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
(1), (2), (3) and (5) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
^ Graduates with CGPA 2.0001 - 2.4999 are required to sit and pass a Qualifying Test.
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC.
a) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Bachelor Degree.
b) TAR UC Diploma will be accepted on credit transfer into Bachelor Degree programmes.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Information is correct at the point of printing. Subject to the Ministry of Education latest requirements.
Possible List of Occupations:
- Information Security Analysts
- Information Security Consultants
- Information Security Managers
- Information Security Engineers
- Information Security Administrators
- Information Security Auditors
- Forensics Analysts
- Forensics Investigators
- Security Software Developers
- Mobile Application Developers
- Network Security Engineers