Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Honours)
Faculty of Built Environment
(1) STPM - Grade C in 3 relevant subjects listed in Schedule A and SPM Credit in one Mathematics subject
(2) A Level - Grade D in 3 relevant subjects listed in Schedule A which must include one Mathematic subject
(3) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include:
- one mathematics subject
- 4 other subjects listed in Schedule A(remove this? ^)
(4) TAR UC - Foundation in Arts (Track A) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000) OR Relevant Diploma
(5) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)/ Diploma accredited by MQA AND SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C/ UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
(1), (2) ,(3) and (5) must include -
SPM Credit/O Level Grade C/UEC Grade B in English Language
and Bahasa Melayu/Malay Language
a) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Bachelor Degree.
b) TAR UC Diploma will be accepted on credit transfer into Bachelor Degree programmes.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Information is correct at the point of printing. Subject to the Ministry of Education latest requirements.
*Year 2 Semester 2 admission
This programme equips students with essential knowledge and skills in quantity surveying practices such as preparing project feasibility study, handling financial issues of the project; preparing tender and contract documents including measurement of construction works and pricing; evaluation and selection of appropriate procurement system, contractual arrangement and tendering method which satisfies the client's needs in term of time, cost, quality and legal aspects; and advising the contractual issues based on general contract principles of Building Contract as well as general legal principles of Contract Law, Sale of Goods Act and Law of Tort.