Bachelor of Telecommunication Engineering with Honours
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- STPM - Full Pass in Physics and one mathematics subject
- A Level - Pass in Physics and Mathematics
- SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in Physics and one mathematics subject AND Pass in 5 relevant subjects
- UEC - 5 Grade B in the relevant subjects which must include Physics and one mathematics subject
- TAR UC - Foundation in Engineering OR Relevant Diploma
- Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma accredited by MQA
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C/ UEC Grade B in English Language*
*Grade B and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants with a pass in SPM English Language/ Grade D or Grade E (Pass) in O Level English Language/ Grade C in UEC English Language.
Electronic communication is a rapidly developing field as a result of modern time's reliance on the Internet, mobile phones, broadband, and wireless network. The communications engineering programme aims to develop engineers who will work at the cutting edge of the communications industry with emphasis on technologies for mobile and broadband communication. The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Electronic (Communication) programme develops engineers who design, implement, and manage transmission systems for a wide range of telecommunications application such as networking security, signal processing, high frequency circuits, mobile communication, web technologies, wireless and satellite communication systems.