Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English Language
Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English Language is designed to develop graduates with in-depth knowledge and understanding of the theories and use of the English language in this modern world. It also trains and develops them in the field of English to meet the increasing communicative demands and needs of globalisation by providing a strong foundation and the necessary language skills to keep abreast with the latest develoments in English and linguistic studies. Students are also introduced to the general area of Mass Communication with emphasis in Journalism and Public Relations.