This programme equips the students with a multi-disciplinary approach towards the field of Game Art and Design.
Faculty of Creative Industries
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
This programme equips the students with a multi-disciplinary approach towards the field of Game Art and Design. In addition to applying the fundamental principles in conceptualising game design projects, the students will also be provided with the practical experience and technical expertise to manage those projects through all the key stages, beginning with the idea to its actual finished production.
To enhance their insights on the field of game design, the programme also includes a historical component which provides a more astute understanding of the development of this field, from its inception to the rapidly expanding global industry that it is today. Additionally, the students are also offered electives in Advertising and Marketing, which provide fundamental entrepreneurial perspectives to enhance their ability to market their own game designs in the future.