Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Graphic Design and Multimedia
Faculty of Creative Industries
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Graphic designers are a vital component in the creative industries of advertising and design. Throughout this programme, the students will be taught the fundamental principles of art and design, as well as trained in the technical execution of design works, learning how to develop their design ideas and visuals from analog to the digital platform.
The multimedia perspective of the course trains the students to apply their art and design projects to a wide range of applications, from print to digital and web, including time-based media such as video and audio productions. The versatility of this programme enables its graduates to diversify their talents and skill-sets to be equally relevant and marketable in a variety of fields including Visual Design, Advertising, Public Relations, Publishing, Journalism, Marketing and Events Management.