Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Journalism in Chinese Media
Faculty of Creative Industries
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
This programme produces graduates with knowledge of the Chinese media industry and training in news writing, editing and production in both traditional media (print and broadcast) and new media such as online media, blogs and other social media.
The aim of the programme is to contribute to the growth of the Malaysian Chinese media industry, cultivating discussions on key issues in the public domain on democratic principles in maintaining harmony in a multi-cultural society like Malaysia.