Bachelor of Communication (Hons) Broadcasting
Faculty of Creative Industries
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
This programme aims to equip students with in-depth knowledge and insightful appreciation of the fundamental concepts, theories and creative applications in the field of mass communication, with a special focus on broadcasting.
The major focus of practical assignments for this course will involve the production of radio and television programmes, such as radio drama, short films, documentaries, television commercials and multi-camera live productions. This programme also emphasises the crucial role of multimedia platforms in mass communication today and provides graduates with the relevant training to face the industry's current and future demands.
To ensure that UTAR graduates enter the workforce prepared and empolyment-ready, students will undergo a 3-4 months industrial training period. This real-world experience will prepare students for their final phase of study and enhance their future employability.