Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical Engineering
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Chemical engineering is the application of science, in particular chemistry, physics and mathematics, to the process of converting raw materials or chemicals into more useful or valuable products. They are engaged in the development and production of a diverse range of products, commodities and specialty chemicals. These products include high performance materials needed for aerospace, automotive, biomedical, electronic, military, and environmental and health applications, which lead to a sustainable and improved quality of life.
This programme covers the engineering principles required to develop, design, operate and control the processes and plants that involve molecular changes. It aims to produce graduates with the ability to apply the knowledge of science and engineering fundamentals in chemical engineering.