Bachelor of Media and Creative Studies (Hons)
Faculty of Creative Industries
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
This programme integrates two important fields of study, namely Creative Studies and Media. Hence, students of this course will be trained to be versatile and diverse in their ability to apply their talents and technical expertise to the production and management of creative content on various media platforms.
Throughout the programme, students will be provided with an extremely broad and diverse foundation in media studies, reinforcing their critical understanding of various mass media platforms such as Advertising, Broadcasting, Design, Journalism, Mass Communications, as well as the relevant proficiencies to engage and create content for these various media.
Graduates of this programme will be equipped with the necessary expertise to develop strategic media plans, comply with current ethics and best practices in the field, and fundamental entrepreneurship skills to enhance their marketability and monetising abilities in the industry.