Bachelor of Science (Hons) Biotechnology
Faculty of Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Biotechnology is the application of advances made in the biological sciences, especially involving the science of genetics and its application. Biotechnology has helped improve food quality, quantity and processing; its application also include producing chemicals through manipulating simple cells and proteins. Biotechnology also has important implications in health and medicine. Through genetic engineering, scientists have been able to create new medicines, including interferon for cancer patients, synthetic human growth hormone and synthetic insulin, among others.