Bachelor of Science (Hons) Financial Mathematics
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Mathematical finance draws from the disciplines of probability theory, statistics, scientific computing and partial differential equations to provide models and derive relationships between fundamental variables such as asset prices, market movements and interest rates.
UTAR's Finance Mathematics programme stresses on producing graduates with advanced training in quantitative finance.