#BeAnAwesome: Events & Wedding Planner
What will I do?
Wedding planners organise and plan wedding ceremonies and dinner events for couples. Wedding planners assist the bride and groom to fulfil their dream weddings within their budget and timeline. Wedding planners also arrange wedding details such as choice of flowers and cakes, invitation card printing, wedding location, hall decorations, photo sessions, selection of emcees, programme list, and even the caterer for dinner receptions.
Is it for me?
To ensure the smoothness in running an event, wedding planners should:
- Be organised and have good time management
- Possess adequate creativity to add on fresh ideas for customers
- Have a basic understanding of different cultural practices and religious norms
- Be able to deal with long working hours and working on public holidays and weekends
- Have excellent communication skills, in order to coordinate with vendors such as hotel caterers, photographers, DJs, florists, etc.
How much will I earn?
You will earn between RM1,800 to RM2,500
Who will employ me?
- Event planners
- Wedding/bridal parlours